Some awesome highlights:
- The oldest millennials are 33, the youngest are 12, so they'll be the majority wedding consumer for a long time.
- Social media changed how older generations communicate, but it mimics how millennials have always communicated.
- 64% of millennials expect to hear back from companies within 24 hours. Replying even faster than that is better.
- Millennials spend money on experiences and items that make their lives better in some way, not flashier.
- Marketing that reinforced individuality worked for Gen X. Millennials prefer messages that reinforce family and community.
- Millennials value authenticity. They have finely tuned BS detectors and have little patience for insincerity and gimmicks.
- Millennials do their homework. They research everything and read an average of 13.9 reviews before making a purchase.
Envelopments thought you should see this in a friendly infographic. I happen to agree, so here you go:
As a millennial, let me plea with you: Please don't try marketing to us like we're carbon copies of our parents. Many of us don't even understand what "carbon copy" actually means, but our parents do. Like Liene says, we think like social media rather than old receipt books.